Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Which Court Do You Go To With a Family Dispute in New York? Part 2

Part 2: The Limited Resources Divorce
Alla Roytberg of discusses supreme court versus family court and which to choose when you have limited resources.As I explained in my last blog,  a  family where one party is just seeking custody, can go to Family Court.  If a person just seeks child support or spousal support, he or she can go to Family Court. If,  however, a party is asking for a divorce, that party must file an action for divorce in a Supreme Court. If  he or she needs a judge to help divide pensions, assets or liabilities, he or she must file in the Supreme Court as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment